The aluminum industry in 2017, according to the Aluminum Statistical Review, showed seven years of consecutive demand growth in 2016. This growing demand, which is expected to continue, has resulted in the completion and start up of significant investments throughout the past year.
Light Metal Age has served its readers by providing up-to-date news on these developments, as well as offering technical knowledge valuable to the industry. As an illustration, here are our top ten most viewed stories from 2017.
- Reducing Melt Loss and Dross Generation by James Grayson, Pyrotek Inc.
- Taber Extrusions Building New Legacy with Casthouse Modernization
- Hydro Acquires Sapa to Become a Global, Integrated Aluminum Company
- New Automotive and Aerospace Aluminum Rolling Mill Planned for Kentucky
- New Aluminum Bridge Installed in Port of Montreal
- AACOA Expands to Meet Growing Demand from Automotive and Specialty Markets by Andrea Svendsen, Managing Editor
- AK’s Greenfield Casthouse Produces Jumbo Billet and Slab to Supply Aerospace Al Globally by Joseph C. Benedyk, Editor
- Audi Introduces the Multi-Material Spaceframe of its New A8
- Hydro Inaugurates Karmøy Pilot Plant
- Grave-to-Gate: Automotive Aluminum Recycling at End-of-Life by Sean Kelly and Diran Apelian, Center for Resource Recovery and Recycling, Metal Processing Institute, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Thank you to all of our readers for making 2017 a fantastic year.