Light Metal Age has earned a reputation in over 79 years of publication for printing only the highest quality articles that focus on new and innovative technological developments in the primary production and semi-fabrication of aluminum (94%), magnesium (5%), and titanium (1%). Executives, managers, metallurgists, and engineers have come to rely on LMA as a source of quality, unbiased, non-commercial technical information.
All editorial is published free of charge, but must meet Light Metal Age guidelines to be considered.
1. Criteria for publication is that the article be useful for practicing engineers and is be noncommercial in nature, highlighting new technology, processes, or equipment rather than specific companies or brands.
2. Please send unpublished manuscripts in accordance with our subject matter. Articles must be exclusively sent to Light Metal Age for publication and not have appeared in other published media.
3. All text should be sent in a Word document and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Images (photographs or illustrative graphics, such as cutaways, schematics, and graphs) should be sent as separate high resolution (300 dpi) jpeg, tiff, or pdf files. Please do not send pictures or graphs should be embedded in a Word document. Complex mathematical formulas should be treated as images to ensure they appear correctly. Captions for images should be included in the Word document at the very end of the article.
4. Editors of Light Metal Age reserve the right to edit the text and photos submitted in order to ensure they conform to our house style, page space, and quality requirements.
5. Please review our Editorial Calendar for upcoming deadlines. (Please note that the Editorial Calendar is updated throughout the year.
Below is a fact sheet of the types of content we publish in our print and online magazine.
All editorial is published free of charge — except for Job Position, Contract/Bid, New Products and other announcements that appear in the Marketplace section of the site.
General – News and editorial that appears on the Light Metal Age website may include news announcements, opinion pieces, interviews, conference announcements, and more.
Blog – Engineers and managers with significant industry knowledge are invited to participate in a blog series, expanding on a specific topic relevant to the industry.