The ALUMINUM USA trade show debuted for the first time in 2015, providing a comprehensive overview of the entire aluminum industry and its application areas, with a focus on North America. In its second iteration, the event has moved to Nashville, TN, and will be held on October 25-26, 2017.
ALUMINUM USA expects around 200 exhibitors and over 2,000 visitors to attend. The event will be the meeting place for suppliers of raw material, primary and secondary aluminum processors, suppliers for the automotive or building industry (e.g., semi-finished and finished products), and suppliers of the latest manufacturing technologies for extrusion, heat treatment, casting, sawing, or surface treatment. The event will also host OEMs and end-consumers along the whole supply chain.
The U.S. is the world’s third largest consumer market for aluminum and is experiencing a large growth in various industries, such as automotive and aerospace. By 2025, more that 75% of new pickup trucks produced in North America will be aluminum-bodied, according to Ducker Worldwide. Over the last five years the demand for aluminum in the U.S. increased by roughly 30% and continues to trend upwards.
In conjunction with the trade show, ALUMINUM USA will host a series of special pre-show events and a conference program within the exhibition hall.
Casthouse Safety Workshop (pre-show)
Presented by the Aluminum Association, the Casthouse Safety Workshop will be offered on October 24-25. With expectations and regulatory pressure to operate safely increasing every year, this workshop will provide critical information from key industry voices on how to run a casthouse operation safely.
Nissan Smyrna Vehicle Assembly Plant Tour (pre-show)
To be held on Tuesday, October 24th, the Nissan assembly plant tour will lead visitors through the five stages of the automotive manufacturing process, from metal delivery to completion of the pre-test vehicle. Space is limited to 60 participants and a non-refundable $25 registration fee will apply.
Aluminum Packaging Seminar
Presented by the Global Aluminium Foil Roller Initiative (GLAFRI), the Aluminum Packaging Seminar will be held on October 25th. Through a series of short, individual presentations, speakers will demonstrate the importance of aluminum in everyday life and present the broad range of applications for aluminum packaging. Attendees will learn about aluminum’s versatility—especially in the food and beverage industries. Speakers will provide information about markets and market trends, innovations, disruptors, and aluminum’s relevance for consumers.
Hosted in a “learning theater” on the trade show floor, the aluminum conference will provide a program of educational sessions on technology and development in the aluminum industry. Some of the sessions currently scheduled include:
- Ford’s Use of Aluminum in the F-Series Truck Program – George Luckey, Jr., Ford Research and Advanced Engineering
- Value Creation from Aluminum Scrap: The Cradle to Cradle Approach – Diran Apelian, Alcoa-Howmet Prof. of Eng., Metal Processing Institute
- Automotive Aluminum Value Proposition – Abey Abraham, Automotive and Materials, Ducker Worldwide; Jim Dickson, Rio Tinto; and Doug Richman, Kaiser Aluminum
- Aluminum in Buildings and Construction – Mic Patterson, Virtual Construction Lab, Schuco USA
- ASI Assurance and Certification and Aluminum Performance Standards: A Global Initiative – Dr. Fiona Solomon, Aluminium Stewardship Initiative
- Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys: The Next Generation of Additive Manufacturing – Dr. Iver E. Anderson, Senior Metallurgist, Ames Laboratory
- Innovative Controls Strategy for Regenerative Furnace Systems – James Checkeye, Bloom Engineering
To register for the ALUMINUM USA event, visit: www.aluminum-us.com/LMA.