The Forging Industry Association’s (FIA) Forge Fair will be held May 23-25, 2023 in Cleveland, OH. Known as North America’s largest event dedicated exclusively to the forging industry, forging professionals from across the globe attend to see new products, make purchasing decisions, and network.
In addition to a trade show floor with over 130 exhibitors from around the world, Forge Fair 2023 will feature a variety of technical presentations. These presentations are included in the cost of registration, and attendees can participate in as many sessions as they would like. The presentations are conducted by subject matter experts and will take place each day.
Among the interesting presentation titles that Light Metal Age noted were:
- New Forging Line with Fully Integrated Process and Production Control System for Advanced Lightweight Materials for the Aerospace Industry, SMS Group.
- New Hydraulic Hammer Drive with Proportional Control, Lasco.
- Increasing Furnace Lining Efficiency and Reducing your Carbon Footprint, Chiz Bros.
- The State of the Art in Forging Process Simulation with DEFORM, Scientific Forming Technologies Corp.
- Felss Improvements of Lightweight Production, Felss Systems GmbH.
- Decarbonization of Gas Fired Applications – A path to lower emissions, Fives North American Combustion.
- Forging Aluminum Alloys, Condat Corporation.
This year’s show will also feature two keynote presentations, one from economic analyst Chris Kuehl, Managing Director of Armada Corporate Intelligence, and the other from Ben Abbott, nine-time Forged in Fire champion and judge.
Forge Fair Career Day
On the final day, students and educators can register for the discounted academic rate of $50 and explore the forging industry, learn about co-ops and internships, and meet with potential employers.
The first ever FIERF Forging Competition will be held at the event, a hands-on opportunity for students to learn more about forging. Teams of up to four students and one faculty advisor will compete for the chance to win recognition and prizes at this year’s Forge Fair. During the selected project, each student team will forge two tuning forks to an assigned frequency. Abbott will emcee the FIERF Forging Competition awards presentation to honor the victors.
Online registration for the event is closing Friday, May 19. Not to worry though, attendees can register onsite at the show. For more information: https://www.forging.org/forge-fair-2023