The Global Continuous Casting Forum (GCCF) will be held May 13-16, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia, in conjunction with the Interwire 2019 conference and trade exposition, the largest and longest-running wire and cable convention in the Americas. Both events are hosted by the Wire Association International (WAI), Inc. GCCF provides a venue for academics, researchers, metallurgists, and professionals to meet and exchange innovative ideas and information on all aspects of aluminum and copper continuous casting.
Casting Light on Aluminum and Copper
Globally oriented, the GCCF is WAI’s standalone program for aluminum and copper continuous casting practitioners. Targeted for metallurgists, process engineers, purchasing agents, quality control managers, commercial representatives, rod production professionals, and lubrication and surface chemists, the forum features a combined general session and separate tracks for aluminum and copper, with a total of 38 presentations — all within Interwire’s “Next Generation” theme.
A few of the interesting aluminum presentations are as follows:
- Aluminum Welding Wire Technology – Giuseppe Marcantoni, Properzi International, and Vladimir Djukic, Continuus-Properzi
- Melter Furnace Technologies for the Aluminum Industry – Jens Hebestreit, Andritz Metals Inc.
- The Combined Method for Producing Long Products From Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys – Alexander Salnikov, UC Rusal
- Installation of Flux Feeder Device (FFD) at Lapointe Works – Eric Pilote, STAS Inc.
- Modification of Aluminum Alloy Filler to Improve Arc-Welding Performance – Janusz S. Sekunda, Prysmian Group, and Shenjia Zhang, General Cable
- Development of New High-Performance Aluminum Conductors Produced by Continuous Casting – David C. Dunand and Francisco Flores, NanoAl LLC; Janusz S. Sekunda, Prysmian Group; Nhon Q. Vo, NanoAl LLC; and Shenjia Zhang, General Cable
- Hazelett Twin-Belt Caster – Past, Present, and Future – Rob White and Wojtek Szczypiorski, Hazelett Corporation
The full GCCF schedule is available online.
Forum registrants will also have access to the Interwire exhibition, production solutions demonstrations, the GCCF cocktail hour, and the Interwire welcome reception at the Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame.