The International Magnesium Association (IMA) will host the 77th Annual IMA World Magnesium Conference on May 13-15, 2020, in Fukuoka, Japan. The conference is the premier international magnesium industry conference highlighting technological advances, innovative applications, and emerging developments in the global marketplace. This valuable conference will provide magnesium industry professionals with the latest information and advances on magnesium processes, applications, technology, and environmental concerns.
Call for Abstracts
The IMA Program Committee invites abstracts of papers for proposed presentation at the World Magnesium Conference. Abstracts are invited from around the world to address all topics related to magnesium.
Presentations are being sought on the latest developments in magnesium industry including new or improved materials, processes, applications, markets, recycling, fundamental research, emerging technologies, and all other topics related to magnesium.
Suggested topics include:
- Production, Recycling, & Market Development — magnesium extraction processes; new primary magnesium production projects; supply, demand, and market development; health and safety; environmental regulations; recycling technologies; lifecycle assessment; and standards and property databases
- Process Technologies — casting (including semi-solid and continuous casting), wrought technologies (sheet, extrusion, and forging), machining and assembly, corrosion and coating solutions, joining and galvanic protection solutions, and additive manufacturing and other emerging processes
- Research & Development — cast and wrought alloy development, magnesium-based metal matrix composites, modeling and simulation technologies, emerging technologies, and large R&D programs
- Applications — aerospace, automotive, transportation, electronics, aluminum alloying, and any other new applications
Abstracts should be no more than 150 words for a proposed presentation and must be submitted in electronic format using the online submission form. The abstract must include sufficient detail to permit a thorough review and evaluation of the paper’s proposed content and significance. If you are submitting multiple abstracts, please complete a separate form for each submission.
- November 30, 2019 – Deadline for abstract submissions
- December 18, 2019 – Selection of papers and notice of acceptance
- March 23, 2020 – Manuscripts due