The 7th International Aluminum Congress and ExpoAlumínio 2016, accompanied by ALUMINIUM Brazil, will be held at the São Paulo Expo Exhibition & Convention Center in São Paulo, Brazil, on June 7-9, 2016. Brazilian and global industry professionals, academic representatives, and researchers will gather together at the International Aluminum Congress to showcase the latest technological breakthroughs in aluminum production, processing and recycling, the applications of this metal in the major consumer markets, and address the huge challenges for the segment, both in Brazil and globally.
Simultaneously, ExpoAlumínio 2016 and ALUMINIUM Brazil 2016 will take place and feature innovative technologies and cutting-edge products, equipment, and services for this industry, representing the largest specialist trade show for the aluminum industry in Latin America.
Call for Papers
Professionals from research and development areas, academics, and students from around the world are invited to showcase their technical papers at the 7th International Aluminum Congress, hosted by ABAL (the Brazilian Aluminum Association). Papers can be presented in verbal or poster format and should be focused on the following themes:
- Primary Aluminum – mining, refining and smelting
- Castings – production of ingots, billet, slab
- Mechanical Transformation – rolling, extrusion, wire and cable manufacturing, welding, stamping, machining, forging, and impact extrusion
- Surface Treatment – anodizing, plating, machining, application of paints, and varnishes
- Sustainable Development – conducting business grounded on economic, environmental, and social concerns
- Recycling – the current state of recycling technology, as well as issues associated with collection, costs and availability of aluminum scrap, alternative processes, and disposal of those wastes arising from the scrap remelting process
- Refractories – R&D initiatives and technological innovation regarding materials designed to meet the specific requirements of handling and processing molten metal, extending the useful life of equipment, and minimizing maintenance costs
- Development of New Products – development of new and innovative applications
Only abstracts in Portuguese or English will be accepted. Abstracts should be submitted online.
Deadline to submit abstracts: September 14, 2015