The European Aluminium Foil Association (EAFA) has announced that entries for the 2016 Alufoil Trophy competition are now open and will be accepted until November 20, 2015. The Alufoil Trophy is recognized as the most highly valued award in the sector, with categories covering every aspect of aluminum foil and closures use. Applications include packaging, construction, and automotive, as well as industrial and decorative.
Entries are accepted from packaging designers, brand owners, foil rollers, foil converters, foil container manufacturers, closure manufacturers, household foil manufacturers, retailers, and industrial solution providers, including combined entries from any of these disciplines. Interested consumers and consumer groups or associations may also enter.
The competition categories are:
- Marketing & Design – Entrants should deliver real improvements to graphic and structural packaging design, ergonomics and ideas that lead to greater shelf appeal at point-of-sale, as well as industrial design applications.
- Consumer Convenience – Answering calls for improved technical performance that provide real benefits to the consumer.
- Resource Efficiency – Sustainable environmental performance is among the foremost challenges faced by industry. Developments should provide real benefits and demonstrate environmental and commercial advantages whether in consumer or industrial applications.
- Product preservation – Consumers are increasingly demanding fewer preservatives in food and this is where packaging can really come into its own by delivering products safely and hygienically.
- Technical Innovation – The development of innovative ideas should provide benefits for the brand owner, retailer, consumer and industrial user through the performance of a material, a manufacturing method or conversion process.
Announcing the opening of the competition, Guido Aufdemkamp, EAFA’s executive director, said, “Entries are always of a high standard and our judging panel, drawn from both the industry and end users. It is always challenged to pick the ‘best of the best’. We expect this year to be no exception and look forward, once again, to recognize true excellence in aluminum foil and closures innovation.”
Entries deadline: November 20, 2015.
More details and applications forms are available on www.alufoil.org.