The 78th Annual World Magnesium Conference will take place August 25-27, 2021, in Fukuoka, Japan. The International Magnesium Association (IMA) is hosting the conference, which will highlight technological advances, innovative applications, and emerging developments in the magnesium industry global marketplace. Magnesium industry professionals will learn about the latest information and advances in magnesium processes, applications, technology, and environmental concerns.
Call for Abstracts
The organizing committee invites magnesium professionals and researchers to share their knowledge and expertise by presenting a paper at the conference. This provides an opportunity for those interested to address magnesium professionals, industry leaders, and decision-makers, who seek cutting-edge information and problem-solving resources.
Presentations are being sought on the latest developments in magnesium industry, including (but not limited to) the following topics:
- New or Improved Materials, Processes, and Applications (aerospace, automotive, transportation, biomedical, etc.)
- Magnesium Production, Recycling, and Market Development
- Mg Extraction Processes
- Life Cycle Assessments
- Magnesium Process Technologies (casting, wrought, sheet, extrusion, corrosion and coating, additive manufacturing, etc.)
- Emerging Technologies and Large R&D Programs
- Modeling and Simulation
Abstracts of 150 words must be submitted in electronic format using the online submission form by February 22, 2021 to be considered for inclusion. The abstract must include sufficient detail to permit a thorough review and evaluation of the paper’s proposed content and significance.
The IMA Program Committee will invite authors to submit papers based on abstracts the received, using the following criteria:
- Appropriate use of case histories, user experiences, and actual industry applications
- Completeness of abstract
- Noncommercial tone and content
- Timely submission of application and abstract
The official language of the conference will be English. It is preferred that all abstracts and final selected manuscripts be submitted in English. Simultaneous translations will be provided at the conference.