The International Magnesium Association extended the deadline for its 2014 Call For Papers to Friday, January 19, 2014. Papers submitted will help shape the content of the 71st Annual Magnesium World Conference program, as well as to elevate the presence of companies within the magnesium community.
Speaker highlights include:
- Keynote: Jean Marc Segaud, BMW, Quo Vadis Magnesium? Competitiveness of Structural Components in BIW
- Keynote: Xu Jinxiang, China Magnesium Association, China Magnesium Development Report in 2013
- Keynote: Alan Clark, CM Group, The Global Primary Magnesium Supply and Demand Balance 2014
- Keynote: Karen McBeth, Platts Metals Group, State of Aluminum: Impact on Magnesium
- Alexis Van Maercke, European Commission, Magnesium as a Critical Material in the Europe
- Diego Val Andres, Grupo Antolin/ES, New Magnesium Applications
- David Klaumuenzer, Volkswagen, Lightweight Strategy/LCA
- Graham Nation, Ventana, Aerospace Products, Markets and Evolution
Most any relevant topic will be considered for which suitable expertise can be demonstrated. Suggesting a topic and/or a speaker by clicking here. Call for Papers form for submitting abstracts is here.
The official language of the conference will be English, although there will be simultaneous interpretation in Chinese. ALL abstracts and final selected manuscripts must be submitted in English. Abstracts and Papers submitted by Chinese authors should be submitted in both English and Chinese.
Program Committee Selection Process Timetable:
- January19, 2014 – Deadline for abstract submissions
- January 2014 – Selection of papers
- February 2014 – Notification of authors
- March 31, 2014 – Manuscripts due
- June 1-3, 2014 – Annual World Conference in Munich, Germany