The ET Seminar Committee is now accepting nominations for the Maurice H. Roberts Award of Excellence. The namesake of this high honor, Maurice Roberts, was a pioneer in the aluminum extrusion industry and one of the founders of the International Aluminum Extrusion Technology Seminars.
Established by the ET Seminar Committee in 1984, the Maurice H. Roberts Award of Excellence has been presented seven times at the past 11 ET Seminars, given to a professional whose accomplishments and contributions to the aluminum extrusion industry have been deemed exceptional. The first recipient was Maurice Roberts to reflect his outstanding contributions to the entire aluminum extrusion industry.
Nominees for the award should exhibit the following traits and characteristics:
- Industry Impact – should have made a significant positive impact on the worldwide aluminum extrusion industry
- Benevolent Teacher – demonstrated track record of giving freely of what they’ve learned so that others who follow may benefit
- Personal Contribution – should be personally involved and “not afraid to get their hands dirty”
- Qualified – should have expertise that benefits the aluminum extrusion industry, that it need not necessarily be technical
- Leader – should inspire followers and be recognized in the industry
The ET Seminar Committee will accept nominations through December 31, 2019. Those interested in nominating a prospective candidate can do so by downloading the Nomination Form for Maurice H. Roberts Award.
Winner(s) of the award will be announced at the Twelfth International Aluminum Extrusion Technology Seminar & Exposition (ET ’20), scheduled for May 19-21, 2020 in Orlando, Florida. The ET Seminar is the world’s longest-running educational event devoted to all facets of the aluminum extrusion industry, including aluminum profile production, die design and technology, metallurgy, equipment, and product applications. Founded in 1969, the ET Seminar will be celebrating its 50th Anniversary in 2019. The global technical seminar attracts industry professionals from more than 50 countries. ET ’20 is produced by the Extrusion Technology for Aluminum Profiles Foundation (ET Foundation) in cooperation with the Aluminum Extruders Council (AEC).