The European Aluminium Foil Association (EAFA) has announced that entries for the 2017 Alufoil Trophy competition are now open and will be accepted until November 18, 2016. The Alufoil Trophy is widely regarded as the most prestigious award in the sector and offers foil rollers, foil converters, foil container manufacturers, packaging designers, brand owners, closure manufacturers, household foil manufacturers, retailers, and industrial solution providers, as well as interested consumers and consumer groups or associations, the chance to demonstrate their very latest ideas and products. It is also possible to combine entries from any of these disciplines.
A particular benefit for 2017 winners is that their products will be presented on the Association’s stand at interpack, the world’s largest packaging exhibition, in Düsseldorf, Germany, in May 2017. Announcing the opening of the competition, Cédric Rauhaus, EAFA’s communications manager said, “An interpack year always adds some special excitement to the Alufoil Trophy as it is such a great showcase for new products. The competition brings out the best in aluminium foil innovation, and we expect a high level of interest this year.”
Categories cover every aspect of aluminium foil and closures use. Applications include packaging, construction, and automotive, as well as industrial and decorative applications:
- Marketing + Design: Entrants should deliver real improvements to graphic and structural packaging design, ergonomics, and ideas that lead to greater shelf appeal at point-of-sale, as well as industrial design applications.
- Consumer Convenience: Answering calls for improved technical performance that provide real benefits to the consumer.
- Resource Efficiency: Sustainable environmental performance is among the foremost challenges faced by industry. Developments should provide real benefits and demonstrate environmental and commercial advantages whether in consumer or industrial applications.
- Product Protection: Consumers are increasingly demanding fewer preservatives in food and this is where packaging can really come into its own by delivering products safely and hygienically.
- Technical Innovation: The development of innovative ideas should provide benefits for the brand owner, retailer, consumer, and industrial user through the performance of a material, a manufacturing method or conversion process.
Entries will be accepted from now until the deadline of November 18, 2016.