The October 2015 issue of Light Metal Age has launched! The digital edition has been released to subscribers and the print edition will be shipped next week.
On the cover: The multitude of useful, versatile, and attractive aluminum applications/markets present in our every day lives are pictured in this scene of Detroit, MI. From top left, clockwise: planes/aerospace, skyscrapers/buildings and construction, space launch vehicles, bicycles, smart watches, automobiles, cans, cameras, boats/marine, cellular phones, and trains. Aluminum is truly an extraordinary metal! (Artist: Thomas Fielding)
Feature Articles include:
- Aluminum ABS for Lightweighting: Recycling Critical for Future Growth, by Geoff Scamans, Innoval Technology, and Andrew Hall, Alken
- Crystal Finishing Broadens Capabilities – Installs Most Productive Vertical Paint Line of its Size in U.S.
- Defects Affecting Extruded Surface – Orange Peel, by Jerome Fourmann, Rio Tinto, Aluminum Product Group
- Automotive Lightweighting Promises Great Changes to the Material and Manufacturing Landscape, by Lynn Brown, Consulting Collaborative
- Rio Tinto Seizing Automotive Opportunity: Petits Lingots Saguenay – New Small Ingot Foundry
- Expanded FSW Services for North America: HFW Consolidates Capabilities
- The Case for Aluminum in Body-in-White Design, by Dr. Alex Graf, Constellium
- Advancing U.S. Leadership in Lightweight Technology: Interview with Lawrence E. Brown, LIFT Technology, by Joseph C. Benedyk,Light Metal Age
- New Generation of High Strength Aluminum Casting Alloys, by V.Kh. Mann, A.N. Alabin, A.Yu. Krokhin, and A.V. Frolov, UC Rusal, and N.A. Belov, National Research and Technological University “MISIS”
- 9th Aluminium Two Thousand Congress: Focus on Extrusion Processing, by Joseph C. Benedyk, Light Metal Age
- Aluminium Two Thousand: Nickel-Free Cold Sealing with High Performance for Anodized Aluminum, by Walter Dalla Barba and Fabio Vincenzi, Italtecno Srl
- Aluminium Two Thousand: Analyzing the Effect of Automated Die Polishing on Extruded Aluminum Profile Quality, by John Stackhouse, Micro Technica Technologies, and Chandika Wickramatillake, Alumex
- ICEB 2015 – International Conference on Extrusion and Benchmark, by L. Donati and L. Tomesani, University of Bologna, and A. Selvaggio, M. Haase, and A.E. Tekkaya, TU Dortmund University
- The Importance of Attending Aluminum Association Casthouse Safety Workshops, by Alex W. Lowery, Wise Chem LLC
- TMS 2015 Annual Meeting and Exhibition – Exhibitor Photos
Other editorial includes:
- Technology Spotlight: Improved Method for Removing Sodium and Calcium from Molten Aluminum
- Book Review: 2014 Aluminum Statistical Review, reviewed by Ryan Olsen, Aluminum Association
- ET Springs Forth in May 2016, by Craig Werner, ET Seminar Committee Chairman
- ALUMINUM USA Exhibitors – Equipment Showcase
Light Metal Age will be distributing the October 2015 issue at the ALUMINUM USA trade show in Detroit, MI, on November 11-12. Visit us at booth #1407 to receive your copy. Register using the code ALU46 to get a free pass into the show.
If you would like to receive a copy of the October 2015 issue, as well as future issues of Light Metal Age, subscribe online today!