Constellium created of an International Scientific Council in July 2013 The Council’s mandate is to nurture and broaden Constellium’s global scientific vision and perspective on relevant emerging domains, key drivers, and technological trends related to its strategic activities. The Scientific Council aims to deliver high level advisory support and recommendations to Constellium on its R&D competencies, innovation approach, critical R&D collaborations worldwide, and enrichment of its scientific network.
The International Scientific Council consists of the following six academic members:
- Yves Bréchet, professor of Materials Science at Grenoble INP, professor at Collège de France (Innovation and Technology Chair), member of the French Académie des Sciences, Haut-Commissaire à l’Energie Atomique
- Patrick Grant, fellow of The Royal Academy of Engineering, Cookson Professor of Materials, deputy head, Maths, Physical & Life Science Division, University of Oxford (UK)
- Yukitaka Murakami, emeritus, Kyushu University, member of the Japan Academy of Engineering, fellow of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineering
- Gregory B. Olson, Walter P. Murphy Professor of Materials Science & Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston (USA); member, National Academy of Engineering and American Academy of Arts & Sciences
- Dr. Ing. Heinz Voggenreiter, head of the German Aerospace Centre (DLR) Institutes of Materials Research (Köln) and of Structures and Design (Stuttgart), professor at the University of Stuttgart, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering (Germany)
- Tomasz Wierzbicki, director of the Impact & Crashworthiness Laboratory and professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA)
In this video interview, each professor discusses the role of the Council and what we hope to achieve.