The Forging Industry Association’s (FIA) 2nd annual Forging Lightweight Alloys Conference & Plant Tour will take place March 6-8, 2023, in Henderson, NV. The conference, to be held at the Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, will cover topics including lightweight materials, OEM needs, advancements in technology, equipment for lightweight forging, post-forging processes, and more.
Attendees can choose to hit off the conference with an optional golf outing at the SouthShore Golf Club on Monday, March 6th. Later in the day the general session will begin with the presentation, Aluminum & Titanium Forging 101, Prof. Blair London, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo & Mark Timko, Weber Metals, Inc. A welcoming reception will follow.
On the second day a shuttle will depart a tour at TIMET plant, an industry leader in mill and melted products, which supplies nearly one-fifth of the world’s titanium. Upon returning to the conference in the afternoon, table top exhibitors will be open and presentations related to lightweight forging will begin. The presentations and exhibits will continue over the two-day event until the conference adjourns.
- Keynote: Lightweight Forging in Aerospace, Glenn McDonald, AeroDynamic Advisory.
- Titanium Market Update, TIMET.
- Improving Aluminum Heat Treating with CFD, Francois Desjardins, Nutec Bickley.
- Aluminum Market Update, John Newman, Aluminum Association.
- Press Technology for Lightweight Forgings, SMS Group.
- Achieving Fine Grain Size in Titanium, Mark Timko, Weber Metals, Inc.
- Data-driven Selection of High-entropy Alloy Coatings for Hot Forging Dies, Ram Canumalla, Weldaloy Specialty Forgings and T.V. Jayaraman,University of Michigan.
- Machine Requirements for Forging Titanium, Bill Goodwin, Ajax\CECO\ Erie Press.
- Lightweight Alloy Market Trends, Ruben Hernandez, Ellwood Aluminum.
- Heat Treating & Hot Forging Presses for Lightweight Materials, Michael O’Toole, Forging Equipment Solutions.
- High-performance Tool Steels for Light Metal Die Forging, Jan-Philipp Heil and Ingolf Schruff, Kind & Co.
- Decarbonization and Efficiency Improvements in Product Heating, Peter Komrowski, Ramboll.
- Lightweight Efforts on Heavy Duty Forging Applications, Gürbüz Güzey, Parsan.
- Numerical Modeling to Support Forging Die Design, Lyès Hacini, Associated Professor at École de Technologie Supérieure.
The deadline to register for this event is February 6, 2023. For registration questions or to submit a paper registration form, please contact Kathy Edwards by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (216) 781-6260.