The inaugural Aluminum Recycling Technical Conference will be held on October 15-16, 2019, in Nashville, Tennessee. Presented by CRU and FRH Aluminum, the one-and-a-half-day conference will present sessions entirely dedicated to the aluminum scrap and recycling market.
Given the current dynamics at play in the U.S. scrap and primary aluminum markets, the importance and value of efficient use of aluminum scrap is unprecedented. Companies operating at any point in the aluminum value chain are set to benefit from this technical conference, especially those in the secondary, rolling, extrusion, forging, and casting segments.
CRU and FRH Aluminum’s Bob Hubbard will host the technical conference, which will feature presentations by industry experts from Wendt Corporation, TSI, Thorpe Technologies, Mechatherm International, AMCOR, and others. These experts will present the best practices and advanced technology concepts in order to help educate attendees on the benefits of efficiently sourcing, preparing, receiving, sorting, and recovering aluminum scrap.
Key topics to be covered at the technical conference include:
- Outlook on regional aluminum demand
- Update on the tariff situation
- Outlook on aluminum scrap
- Scrap Sourcing/Recovery/Chemistry/Receiving
- Best available technology – shredders, scrap prep, metal sorting/lasers, furnaces, metal casting, metal risk and hedging, and energy risks around gas and electricity
- Commercial scrap calculations
- How scrap utilization impacts plant P&L
- Panel discussions from industry experts on scrap
The Aluminum Recycling Technical Conference is an opportunity to hear from expert speakers, as well as exchange experiences with other key players in the industry in an informal learning and networking environment. Area supervisors, production and plant managers, purchasing specialists, strategic planners, owners, CFOs, and CEOs are invited to attend the conference and join in the discussion as the industry looks to navigate unchartered waters in aluminum scrap.
Visit conference website.