The Strength of Synergy and the Power of Innovation
The 9th Aluminium Two Thousand World Congress and the International Conference on Extrusion and Benchmark (ICEB) will be held together in Florence, Italy, at Palazzo Affari, Firenze Fiera, on May 12-16, 2015.
This special event is organized by Interall Srl (Aluminium Publications) and the University of Bologna together with TU Dortmund, and is promoted by important European Aluminium Associations and Industries. Major experts in aluminum technology and industry from all over the world have already confirmed their participation as speakers at this highly qualified event.
The next edition of the congress and ICEB will focus on:
- Extrusion technologies and their analysis by FEM simulation
- Special attention to application of nanotechnologies in the aluminum industry
- New light alloys and related applications presented by big names of the industry
- Special technologies for ecology and zero discharge
- Attention to key markets: the Gulf, Russia, Mexico, South Africa, African Countries, and emerging countries
During the 4th day of the congress a special Finishing Workshop will be held, as well as software house courses applied to aluminum industry. The event will also feature technical visits and an attractive social program with a gala dinner, classic and jazz music concerts, final tour for all delegates, daily tours for accompanying persons, and special events.
Call for Papers
Over the course of three days, four parallel sessions will ensure that all subjects will be covered in detail. Companies and persons can take advantage of this important event to give information on their contribution to the growth of the aluminum industry by sharing their research and experience.
Potential speakers are invited to submit a title (with list of the authors) for a proposed presentation before May 31, 2014.
An abstract (maximum 1 page, following the template available on websites) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 30, 2014.
Papers will be reviewed by the scientific committee of the conference in order to select the most innovative studies and researches, new industrial applications, and interesting case studies.
Aluminium Two Thousand Conference Topics
- MARKETS & STRATEGIES: traditional markets, such as Europe, the U.S., Canada, Middle East, the Gulf, the Far Eas, and BRIC Countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China) and their present and future role, as well as new emerging countries, such as Mexico, and Central and South America
- ALLOYS BILLETS & RELATED EQUIPMENT: foundry, aluminum casthouse technology, billet quality, billet casting, homogenization, use of primary aluminium and scrap, and high speed alloys
- ROLLING TECHNOLOGY: innovative equipment, new application of aluminium coil and sheet in the industry
- ARCHITECTURE & SPECIAL USES: building systems, curtain wall, design and construction, CAD/CAM, exterior and interior finishing, renewal and maintenance, windows and doors, and new applications
- TRANSPORT & AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY: product and process innovations, aeronautics, nautical, automotive, rail sectors, patents, computer technologies, mechanical processing, alloys, design and innovation
- ANODIZING: high-speed anodizing, hard anodizing, new dipping and electrocoloring colors, patterned effects, mechanical and chemical etching, advances in sealing, racking and jigging, pretreatment, etc.
- COATING: powder and wet processes, powder coil coating, vertical and horizontal plants, chrome-free products, high-performance polyesters, compact plants, etc.
- AUTOMATION: the “Intelligent Plant”, automation for Extrusion, anodizing racking, coating plants, profile packing, and the warehouse, internet for aluminium technologies
- MEASURING, TESTING, & QUALITY TECHNIQUES
- ADVANCED APPLICATIONS & RESEARCH: materials handling, new patents, new applications, sporting equipment
- ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION & RECYCLING: accident prevention, innovative plants, recovery and materials recycling, safety equipment, effluent and fumes treatment, water saving, zero discharge, sludge reduction, sulphate reduction in the effluents, etc.
- CASTING & DIE CASTING: processing, solidification, simulation, rapid casting, innovative processes, new materials and alloys, defects, microstructure and properties, heat treatments, molddesign
- PROCESS MANAGEMENT: The Challenge for Competitiveness: Innovative Technologies Introduction on the Shop Floor; strategies; quality Assessment
- PROCESS QUALITY: charge materials, pre-furnace treatment, melting, fluxing, grain refinement, feeding Systems, microstructures and defects
- PROCESS MONITORING: From Raw Material to the Final Casting: Sensors, Analysis Devices, Data Management; the role of ERPs within process monitoring
- PROCESS INNOVATION: Novel Technologies or Technology Enhancement: Innovation in Casting Practice
- PROCESS SIMULATION: prediction models, validation, optimization, codesign and cross linking between process-structural simulation
- NEW ALLOYS: The Role of New Alloying Elements on Product Performances and Their Compatibility with Casting Process
ICEB & Extrusion Session Topics
All the papers focused on extrusion topics will be arranged in the Extrusion Sessions as part of the ICEB sessions. ICEB sessions will be still focused on the latest advances in the extrusion of light alloys and related simulation issues. Contributions from Industries, Research Center as well as Academia related to the following topics are welcome:
- PROCESS SUSTAINABILITY: eco-equipment, eco-plants, sustainable production, and energy savings
- PROCESS MANAGEMENT: economically driven decisions, process control, process savings, and the “Small Lots” problem of architectural and non-architectural systems
- PROCESS MONITORING: sensor effectiveness, new devices, data management systems, data warehouse
- PLANT & PROCESS: furnaces, presses, handling equipment, ovens and heating systems, saws and shears, downstream equipment, automation, packaging, lubricants, nitrogen cooling, etc.
- PROCESS SIMULATION: models, validation, optimization, material flow, friction, and stress state prediction
- PRODUCT QUALITY: defects, distortions, seam/charge welds, maximum production rates, microstructure, metallurgy for high-speed extrusion, metallurgy for paint adhesion
- ALLOYS: hard/new light alloys, magnesium alloys, lithium alloys, composite alloys
- DIES: die design and manufacturing, die correction, die cleaning and polishing, high production rates, oriented design, die life, coatings, die cooling systems
- NEW PROCESSES: conform, thixoextrusion, rollforming extrusion, hot profile bending, chip extrusion, composite extrusion
For more information about the conference and call for papers, visit either of the combined conference websites: