ALUMINUM USA 2019 will be held on September 12-13, 2019 at the Music City Center in Nashville, Tennessee. The event, which is presented in partnership with the Aluminum Association, will host an enhanced technical conference — which is comprised of technical presentations, panel discussions, and case studies to advance knowledge and share expertise across the aluminum value chain. Industry professionals will walk away more informed and better equipped to make smarter business decisions.
In addition, several workshops — focused on casthouse safety, aluminum automotive design, and extrusion design will be held concurrently with the event. Workshops require separate registration.
As the official media partner of ALUMINUM USA, Light Metal Age invites its readers to register for the exhibition and technical conference with a complimentary pass.
Casthouse Safety Workshop – September 10-11
The Aluminum Association’s Casthouse Safety Workshop is focused on safety training for the molten aluminum environment. Topics covered in detail include: molten metal safety, scrap handling and charging, protective clothing and equipment, casting operations, combustible dust, lock out/tag out, pit guarding, and incident investigation. This workshop series is the global benchmark in safety training for the molten aluminum environment, providing an opportunity for industry personnel to work together in interactive sessions designed to foster knowledge transfer across all company and organizational levels toward further improving facility safety performance. Register here.
Aluminum Design & Lightweighting Solutions Workshop – September 10-11
The design workshop brings together engineers that work in automotive to learn about developments and advancements in aluminum technology from aluminum experts at leading producer companies. The event will provide insights on:
- Aluminum’s superior safety capabilities for crash management systems in today’s cars, trucks and SUVs.
- Advanced technologies to join aluminum alloy components with other aluminum parts or with dissimilar materials.
- The ongoing sustainability and environmental advantages to designing a vehicle with aluminum.
- Aluminum as a material of choice for lightweighting to improve fuel efficiency and extend battery range in electric vehicles.
For more info or to register: please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (248) 213-7344.
Extrusion Design University – September 12
Through a sponsorship agreement with ALUMINUM USA, the Aluminum Extruders Council will host its Extrusion Design University (EDU ’19) as a one day event during the show. EDU ’19 features educational presentations covering aluminum extrusion design, applications, and technology focused on expanding aluminum extrusion knowledge — with three separate tracks focused on automotive and transportation, architecture, and industrial engineered products. This event connects industry experts who understand extrusion design and production processes with designers, engineers, specifiers, and manufacturers who are interested in enhancing their knowledge and understanding of aluminum extrusions. From alloys and applications to paint and fabrication, the program provides a wealth of information and resources on aluminum extrusion. The event also includes an optional extrusion plant tour to Bonnell Aluminum in Carthage, Tennessee. Register here.
AL USA Technical Conference – September 12-13
The ALUMINUM USA 2019 Technical Conference is a free educational program designed to address all aspects of the aluminum value stream, including concepts such as additive manufacturing, materials selection and management, the Internet of Things and Smart Manufacturing, and industry and economic drivers. The program is aimed at bolstering the knowledge of industry professionals, delivering technical presentations, panel discussions, and case studies designed to advance knowledge and share expertise across the aluminum value chain.
A sampling of some of the presentations to be offered at the conference include:
- “Sustainability and Partnership within the Aluminum Industry” – Ryan Holton, Rio Tinto
- “Emerging Issues, Regulatory Trends, and Key Challenges for Environmental Permitting and Compliance in the Aluminum Sector” – John Colbrook, Trinity Consultants, and Henk van der Meyden, Arconic
- “Global Foil Markets – Growth and Sustainability” – Stefan Glimm, and Göksal Güngör, GLAFRI; Brad Thomas, Granges Americas; and André Barten, Achenbach Buschhütten
- “The 2020 Aluminum Design Manual” – Randy Kissell, Trinity Consultants
- “The Benefits of Protecting Aluminum Alloys with Chrominum-Free Coatings” – Dante Battocchi, PhD, North Dakota State University
- “On-site Impact Welding of Advanced Aluminum Alloys to Themselves or Dissimilar Pairs” – Glenn Daehn, PhD, Ohio State University
- “Al-Li ICME Forging Innovation and Low Cost Al-Si MMCs” – Alan Luo, Ohio State University
See the full conference schedule.
Register for the ALUMINUM USA exhibition and technical conference here.