Aluminium Bahrain B.S.C. (Alba) will host the Arab International Aluminium Conference (ARABAL) 2019 from November19-21, 2019 at the Gulf Hotel, Bahrain.
“ARABAL is reputed as one of the premium platforms for the aluminum industry in the Arab world that brings together the who’s who of the aluminum industry across the globe,” said Shaikh Daij bin Salman bin Daij Al Khalifa, chairman of Alba’s board of directors. “Being the first aluminum smelter in the GCC, Alba is privileged to host the 36th edition of the prestigious ARABAL under the patronage of the Prime Minster HRH Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa. We look forward to welcoming our peers and industry experts to showcase Bahrain’s thriving aluminum sector. We look forward to hosting ARABAL 2019 at a time that Alba’s evolution to become the largest aluminum smelter is moving ahead as planned.”
The ARABAL conference will be held under the theme “Shaping the Future of Aluminium in the Arab Region.” It will include a visit to the Alba smelter, a pre-conference workshop, and two days of conference sessions addressing the following aluminum industry topics:
- Impact of current economic challenges on the aluminum industry
- Outlook for the global aluminum industry
- Warehousing and price trends – today and tomorrow
- Energy considerations and rising costs of power generation
- Bahrain after Line 6 – growth of downstream and anticipated challenges
- Investing in upstream: opportunities and risks
- The use of aluminum for innovative products and advanced applications
- Environment and sustainability
- Safety as a driver for growth and success
In addition to the conference, the event will host a two-day, international exhibition, gathering the major names from the upstream, midstream, and downstream sectors.
Since it’s inauguration in Kuwait in 1983, ARABAL has become an event of international repute, bringing together industry leaders from around the world to discuss current issues in the aluminum sector while also exploring investment opportunities. It is hosted on rotation basis by the primary aluminum manufacturers in the region. For more information, visit the conference website.