The International Magnesium Association (IMA) will be hosting their World Magnesium Conference in Barcelona, Spain, at the Hyatt Regency Barcelona Tower, on August 29-31, 2022. The IMA conference is the premier conference for all magnesium industry leaders, with unparalleled opportunities to connect and network with other IMA members.
Attendees will have the chance to expand and strengthen their skill sets via technical sessions led by some of the most knowledgeable speakers in the industry. Industry professionals who are primary producers of the metal, recyclers, foundries, fabricators, end-users, and suppliers can all benefit from attending this conference.
Magnesium Advances, Technology, and Processes
The technical sessions will help to refresh perspectives and reinvigorate business plans, offering new methodologies, tools, and partners to gain. These sessions will be bilingual, with the IMA providing simultaneous written and verbal translation in English and Chinese. Accordingly, some of the overarching magnesium themes that will be covered include automotive applications, new applications, supply and demand, primary production and recycling, process technologies, structural components, and corrosion and coatings.
Some of the notable presentations include:
- The development of lightweight reduction technologies for commercial vehicles, by Zhao Wang , Shaanxi Automobile Group, and Norman Sin Wing Chan , Ka Shui Group
- Magnesium applications: past, present and future, by Alan Luo, The Ohio State University
- Keynote: Global primary magnesium supply and demand, by Alan Clark , CM Group
- Primary magnesium from chemical production waste, by Matt Dey and Duane Runciman, Wastes Ecotech Srl
- Development of Asymmetric Rolling Technology to Improve the Mechanical Properties of Magnesium Alloys, by Zhigang Xu , North Carolina A&T State University
There will be many opportunities for magnesium industry professionals to network — beginning with an opening President’s Reception on the first day. In addition an exhibit showcase, featuring different magnesium industry suppliers, offers a chance to make new connections. Over the three days the event will also provide current magnesium industry updates, and awards of excellence presentations.
Sponsorships provide organizations and individuals the unique opportunity to showcase their services to an audience of in-house magnesium professionals and influential leaders.
David Paterson, CEO, Latrobe Magnesium, noted, “I love attending the IMA World Magnesium Conference and connecting with friends and colleagues from around the world. The IMA conferences provide great technical content from leading industry experts.”