The February 2015 issue of Light Metal Age is now available! The digital edition has been released to subscribers and the print edition will be shipped next week.
The cover features a pot tending machine using the crust breaker during an anode
change at Qatalum.
Feature Articles include:
- Primary Aluminum Industry in the Year 2014 & Primary Aluminum Smelters of the World: Nameplate Capacities and Shutdown Capacities on a Temporary Basis, by Rudolf P. Pawlek, Contributing Editor
- Century Aluminum Expands with Acquisition of U.S. Aluminum Smelters: Making Strategic Changes to Increase Profitability, by Alton Tabereaux, Contributing Editor
- Novelis Opens the World’s Largest Recycling Center in Nachterstedt, Germany: Moving Toward a Circular Economy, by Andrea Svendsen, Managing Editor
- Ideal Aluminum Smelting – Superheat Control and Moving Towards Renewable Energy: Interview with Dr. Martin Iffert, Trimet Aluminium, by Joseph C. Benedyk, Editor
- Arabal 2014: Part I – Global Aluminum Outlook and Downstream Industry Growth in Bahrain, by Andrew Hall, Contributing Editor
- Defects Affecting Extruded Surface – Coring, by Jerome Fourmann, Rio Tinto Alcan
- AluMag Auto Lightweight Procurement Symposium: Aluminum Proves Its Worth in European Automobiles, by Joseph C. Benedyk, Editor
- The Changing Shape of the U.K. Aluminum Industry: Interview with Will Savage, ALFED
- ALUMINIUM 2014 Photo Layout: Record Attendance Reflects Record Industry Growth
- Horizontal Core-Filling Continuous Casting of Copper Clad Aluminum Conductor Materials: Properties and Applications, by Jian-Xin Xie, Xin-Hua Liu, and Hai-You Huang, Key Laboratory for Advanced Materials Processing of Ministry of Education, Institute for Advanced Materials and Technology, University of Science and Technology Beijing, and Beijing Laboratory of Metallic Materials and Processing for Modern Transportation
Editorial departments include four Spotlight articles, including:
- Magnesium Overmold Automotive Components, Leggera Technologies
- Innovation in SPL Transformation – the Industrial Ecology Way: Spent Pot Lining as a Valuable Commodity, by Phil Black, Regain Materials
- New Developments in Anode Baking, by Detlef Maiwald and Domenico Di Lisa, innovatherm
- Double-Chamber Melting Furnace Advantages, Reiter & Crippa
The issue includes the Directory of Aluminum Smelting Equipment Manufacturers & Suppliers and coverage of Primary Aluminum News, Extruder News, and Contracts & Expansions.
If you would like to receive a copy of the February issue, as well as future issues of Light Metal Age, subscribe online today!