The April 2015 issue of Light Metal Age is now available! The digital edition has been released to subscribers and the print edition will be shipped next week.
On the cover: Collaboration between Litelab Corporation and Almag Aluminum of Brampton, ON, Canada, yielded this highly engineered heatsink for a high-powered LED. Designed to handle thermal loads over 40 W without forced convection, this fixture is capable of producing 5,000 lumens. The complex extrusion shown in both clear and black anodized utilizes a tailored alloy, serrated cooling fins, and enhanced geometry to achieve optimal heat dissipation.
Feature Articles include:
- Sierra Aluminum Ensures Its Continuity with New Press Line, by Andrea Svendsen
- The Sutton MK-V Extrusion Press Debut: SMS Group Celebrates Sutton’s 100th Anniversary, by Joseph C. Benedyk
- Sapa R&D Propels Extrusion Innovation: New Research Lab to Open Near Detroit
- Light and Weather Fast Adsorptive Dyeing of Anodized Aluminum, by Thomas Heber
- Arabal 2014: Part II – The Aluminum Market at a Crossroads, by Andrew Hall
- Defects Affecting Extruded Surface – Longitudinal Weld, by Jerome Fourmann
- 2015 Specification for Aluminum Structures, by Randy Kissell
- How Extrusion Technology (ET) Events Drive Improvements in the Extrusion Industry, by Craig R. Werner
- Aluminum Company of Canada Awarded Historic Landmark Status
- Aluminum Extruders Reaching New Heights
Editorial departments include two Spotlight articles, including:
- HyperXtrude 2015 Brings Extrusion Simulation to the Shop Floor, Altair
- Environmentally Friendly Melt Treatment for Aluminum Smelters – The Chlorine-Free Casthouse, Hycast
The issue includes a book review on 2015 Automotive Aluminum Joining Manual, published by the Aluminum Association and coverage of Extruder News, as well as the Directory of Aluminum Extrusion Equipment Manufacturers & Suppliers.
If you would like to receive a copy of the April 2015 issue, as well as future issues of Light Metal Age, subscribe online today!