The August 2015 issue of Light Metal Age has launched! The digital edition has been released to subscribers and the print edition will be shipped next week.
On the cover: View inside Air Products’ Combustion Lab test furnace during adjustable heat release oxyfuel burner firing. Oxyfuel burner modeling at various set points helped determine the burner best suited for Sapa Extrusions. Sapa used oxyfuel technology in a novel application to boost productivity of a regen-fired reverb furnace in their casthouse in Cressona, PA.
Feature Articles include:
- World Secondary Aluminum Industry Annual Review, by Rudolf Pawlek, TS+C
- Aluminum Recycling and the 2015 Ford F-150, by Laurent Chappuis, Ford Vehicle Operations
- Customized Combustion Solution Yields Productivity Improvement for Aluminum Extruder, by John Palazzolo, Anup Sane, and Russell Hewertson, Air Products, and Nathen Chaleby and Darryl Hilbert and Joseph Yutko, Sapa Extrusions
- High Mechanical Properties of Extrusions Formed from Aluminum Machining Chips, by Matthias Haase and A. Erman Tekkaya, TU Dortmund University, and Wojciech Z. Misiolek, Lehigh University
- Trends in Japan’s Aluminum Extrusion Industry, by Isao Nakada, Nalk Corporation
- Automotive Demand Advances Aluminum Scrap Recovery and Processing, by Mark Ridall, Wendt Corporation
- Novelis Continues to Pursue Global Recycling Content Target
- Defects Affecting Extruded Surface – Coarse Grain, by Jerome Fourmann, Rio Tinto Alcan
- Greenfield Aluminum Smelter Planned for Iceland
- 72nd World Magnesium Conference: Increased Use of Aluminum Boon to Magnesium, by Robert E. (Bob) Brown
Extrusion Industry News & Technology includes:
- Postle Installs New Extrusion Press Line – Newly Acquired by Thor, Secures Strong Position in RV Market
- The Critical Interaction of the Dummy Block and Container in Modern Extrusion Presses, by Paul Robbins and Dr. Ken Chien, Castool
- Bulgarian Window Frame Manufacturer Installs First Extrusion Line
Other editorial includes:
- Inside/Out Light Metals: The Origin of the Eddy Current Separator, by Kenzo Takahashi, Zmag, Inc.
- New Technology Spotlight: Boosting Continuous Annealing Capacity for Aluminum Automotive Sheet – Interview with Tony Palermo, Linde LLC
- Servo Drive Technology in Aluminum Extrusion, from Tecalex
- Book Review: Ultrasonic Treatment of Light Alloy Melts, Second Edition by Georgy I. Eskin and Dmitry G. Eskin, reviewed by Joseph C. Benedyk
- ET ’16 to Present Cutting Edge Extrusion Research and Comprehensive Educational Workshops
If you would like to receive a copy of the August 2015 issue, as well as future issues of Light Metal Age, subscribe online today!