IMA Mission and Membership
Founded in 1943, the mission of the International Magnesium Association (IMA) is to promote the use of the metal magnesium in material selection and encourage innovative applications of the versatile metal. IMA’s members consist of primary producers of the metal, recyclers, foundries, fabricators, end-users and suppliers. The global voice of the magnesium industry, IMA serves the industry and the membership through its Annual World Magnesium Conference, seminars, statistical programs, research and publications. Through IMA’s efforts, manufacturers and consumers are increasingly aware of the numerous options and benefits the metal magnesium provides.
Become an IMA Member
IMA Member Benefits Include:
- Member Discounts: Members receive cost saving discounts for all IMA publications, conference/seminar registration fees, exhibit space and events. The IMA also offers member discounts to the events of partnering organizations.
- Annual Conference: The IMA Annual World Magnesium Conference is a distinguished international forum for presenting the latest industry developments, interacting with magnesium industry leaders, and discussing pressing issues facing the industry.
- IMA News: IMA distributes, via e-mail, a timely newsletter containing Magnesium-industry-related news items, industry articles and press releases from around the world.
- IMA Members’ Online Buyers Guide: The Online Buyers Guide provides an excellent opportunity for member companies to inform potential global customers of their company’s capabilities, products, services, locations and valuable contact information.
- Awards Program: Established in 1962, IMA’s Awards of Excellence is an annual program open to companies demonstrating outstanding examples of design, process and/or application of magnesium. The Environmental Responsibility Award, established in 2010, is based on the achieved and documented reduction of carbon dioxide equivalents, and is intended to include all aspects of the magnesium industry from primary production through to end-user industries.
- Publications: IMA offers member discounts on its extensive offerings of Proceedings, brochures, books, educational materials and CDs.
- Industry Seminars: IMA promotes the use of magnesium to other industries through one- and two-day educational seminars in the United States and Europe.
- Application Seminars: IMA covers a wide range of Magnesium Applications that cross over from the automotive industry to other areas such as Medical, Sporting Goods, Tools, 3C, and Automotive Applications.
- GALM Intelligence: GALM Intelligence delivers solution-based content and global case studies to help determine which lightweight materials can cost-effectively reduce weight in different parts of the vehicle and drive down cost of supply in high-volume multi-material manufacturing. GALM Intelligence features an online library of 250+ case studies in video, audio, in-depth articles and presentation slides, making it a truly dynamic online offering for suppliers of magnesium components and OEMs. Receive a 10% discount on GALM Intelligence membership.
- Minor Metals Trade Association Partnership: By affiliation, members of the IMA are entitled to enjoy Partner Association rates when booking for MMTA events (excluding MMTA’s conference).
International Magnesium Association (IMA)
1000 Westgate Drive, Suite 252
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55114
Tel: (651) 379-7305
Fax: (651) 290-2266